7 Best Portable Jump Starters 2021 (Top 7 Portable Jump Starters 2021)
|+ 1000 Peak Amps|
+ Build Quality
+ Safety Precautions
|- Battery Capacity|
|+ LCD Screen |
+ 3 Year Warranty
+ Smart USB Port
|- Charging Passes Slowly|
|+ 2000A Peak Current|
+ Compatible USB Charging
+ Fastest Charging Speed
|- May not Support Diesel Motors|
|+ Effective for Large-Sized Engines|
+ Durable battery life
+ Impressive Display Features
|- No Carrying Case|
|+ Lot of Mah Power|
+ Torch Light with Modes
+ Fast Charging
|- Only One Fast Charging USB 2.0|
|+ 1700 Peak Amps|
+ Jumper Clamps Quality
+ Quality Made
|- No Air Compressor|
|+ Built-in Protection Circuit |
+ Powerful Lithium Battery
+ 50 Jump Starts
|- Not Suitable with Diesel Cars|
“Are you concerned about why your portable jump starter isn’t functioning properly after only one month of use? If that’s the case, don’t worry; we’ll help you with every aspect of it. We all know that turning the key in the ignition and hearing the battery struggle and then failing to start the car is one of the most soul-destroying things that can happen to any car driver.”
However, we also understand how aggravating it can be when your battery dies in an unfamiliar location where no one, not even a mechanic shop, can assist you. So, while you may believe that your portable jump starter will get you out of the problem. But what if it also fails to execute its role properly?
So to solve all of these issues, read this article till the end, as it will answer all of your questions about Why is my Portable jump starter not working. Continue reading to learn more as it will be well worth your time.
Why Is My Portable Jump Starter Not Working?
Following is the response to your query regarding Why is my Portable jump starter not working properly. So, below we have mentioned some factors that can lead to malfunctioning of starter :
- Damaged or scratched parts in the starting system
- Loose wiring to and from the starter
- Rusted starter connections
- Circuit or breaker failure
- Corroded battery
- Leakage of oil
Tips On How To Make Your Jump Starter Last Longer
So, how can you ensure that your jump starter will work when you need it? Before we go into the repairs, you can do a few things to keep your jump starter in good working condition, extending its duration.
- Keep the battery charged, but don’t fully charge it because deep charging damages batteries and diminishes their total capacity.
- Because starting an automobile demands a lot of energy, you’ll be consuming a lot of your portable jump starters stored energy, so recharge it after each use to minimize over discharges.
- Keeping it safe from moisture as it can cause corrosion in the jump starter, reducing its ability to deliver energy.
- Keep it safe from extremes of heat and cold, as heat increases the self-discharge process, leading to sulfation and other battery damage. However, extreme cold inhibits a battery’s ability to produce energy.
- Keep the jump starter in a secure location, and do not let it roll around in your vehicle. It’s best to fasten it and wrap all of the wires to avoid difficulties.
Fix Your Portable Jump Starter Quickly And Effortlessly
It’s essential to keep a portable jump starter with you all the time, even in an emergency too. But what if the jump starter itself fails? But don’t worry since we will guide you on how you can quickly fix your jump starter in minutes.
- Set of essential tools (screwdriver, wrench, etc.)
- Portable Knife
- Electronics Cleaner
- Soldering iron (if replacing battery cells)
Steps To Follow
1. Test The Charger
If the device would not switch on, charge it for a full 24 hours. Recheck the charging cable or adapter if it still won’t switch on. To make sure this isn’t the issue, try using another adaptor or charging cord.
2. Inspect The Overall Device
Examine the external housing carefully under a bright light. If you notice any cracked, melted, deformed, or shattered pieces, the unit has most certainly received too much damage to be repaired. Continue to the next step if everything appears to be in good working order.
3. Remove The Outer Part
Remove the external housing pieces with screws; if that isn’t possible, make several shallow incisions with a knife.
4. Inspect The Internal Wiring
Examine all of the unit’s internal wiring. Check for any loose or rusted connections. Any wires that look broken or rusted should be replaced, and all connections should be tightened.
5. Check The Connector Jack
The connector jack can become rusted, burnt, or melted in some cases. Replace it if it is significantly damaged.
6. Replace the Battery Cells
Examine the battery cells, as they may be worn out. However, lithium battery cells are widely available. Replace them in the device and get them in place with a soldering iron.
How Do I Reset A Jump Starter?
So firstly, without pressing the brake pedal, insert your ignition key and press the start button once. Then using your remote car starter, press the lock button. Return your key to the “off” position within five seconds of turning it on or press the start button again. Repeat this on-off cycle three more times, for a total of four.
Furthermore, when you pick the accessory position on cycle number four, you’ll hear a noise (a “ding” or “buzz”), which means that you’ve switched to programming mode. Then turn the car off by pressing and holding the lock button on the remote for ten seconds. Then double-check it, and you’re done.
Can We Charge A Jump Starter Without A Charger?
Yes. Many automobile battery jump starts may be charged by connecting them to your vehicle’s A/C adapter. The jump starter can pull enough power from your A/C outlet to keep a full charge and will be available when you need it. Alternatively, solar energy can also be used to charge it.
Are Portable Jump Starters Effective?
Yes. Portable jump starters are an excellent addition to any vehicle emergency kit since they provide a self-sufficient means of immediately starting a vehicle with a dead or dying battery. They start by delivering electricity from a portable battery to a drained vehicle battery.
These gadgets function by plugging special booster cables into a 12-volt power connector on one end and fastening them to a car battery on the other end, just like standard booster cables. In short, they are an excellent investment for automotive battery issues.
To summarize, portable jump starters are an absolute necessity for every driver nowadays because not everyone is always willing to assist you in getting to your destination. As a result, having a portable starter will raise your battery on its own, allowing you to be completely independent.
We hope you find our article beneficial as we have provided you with all of the information about Why is my Portable jump starter not working? So, hurry up, get yours now before the stock runs out.
You May Also Like:
- How Functional is Clore Automotive Jump-N-Carry JNC660 Jump Starter?
- Is DBPOWER DJS50 Portable Car Jump Starter Reliable?
- Should You Buy the Schumacher SC1281 Battery Charger in 2021?
- Is The NEXPOW Car Jumper Starter Worth Buying in 2021?
- How Do You Use a Portable Jump Starter?
- Why TOPVISION 2200A Peak 21800mAH Portable Car Jump Starter Is Best For Diesel Engine?